A Day in the Life of Patterson’s Pack

0

Posted by mrspatterson | Posted in classroom, digital story, skills, Student posts, teachers, video | Posted on October 23, 2012

We have been hard at work learning how to be independent workers.  We are learning to appreciate differences and  our similarities.  We are respectful of each others learning styles and supportive of each others learning.  It is a beautiful thing.  Recently a blog reader sent me this article called 20 Things Educators Need to Know about Learning Spaces.  I enjoyed reading the article and thought “wow, maybe everyone isn’t doing things just like us”.  So I decided to ask the kids what they thought about the things we were doing daily and about being able to choose where they prefer to work.  That quickly led to putting together a digital story about our day and how we work.  We use a Daily 5 structure by The Two Sisters.  When the kids are working independently, it allows me to confer and support each child individually.  I love that I feel like I really know each child, their learning strengths and areas that need my support.  Enjoy…

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar